After eight straight years of being able to rely on the neighbor girls to help take care of your dog while you and your family were out of town, you now find yourself in need of pet daycare options. The neighbor girls were the perfect short and long term pet sitters because they did not have a dog of their own. They loved the opportunity to come over and take your dog out for walks, check on her food and water, and provide companionship. Unfortunately, those girls are now both at college and you simply have not found anyone that you trust as much to come into your home while you are gone.
Fortunately, during the last decade there have been a number of pet daycares that have opened in the area. Varying in both services and prices, in fact, there seems to be an options available for any pet owner. For families who are looking for professional dog grooming while there pet is away from home to small dog daycare options that allow plenty of outside exercise opportunities, there are many ways to make sure that your pet is happy and healthy whether you are away for the day at work or away for the weekend on vacation.
Finding the Right Pet Daycare Can Help You Enjoy Your Vacation
Going on a family vacation should be a lot of fun, but if you cannot find a good option for your pet while you are away from home these trips can be a burden. Fortunately, there are a growing number of options for pet owners who want someone to look after their dog or cat while the family is out of town. Consider some of these facts and figures about Americans’ love for pets and the industry that caters to these needs:
- A facility should have no less than 1500 square feet just for that one group of dogs if they are going to house ar a 15 dog play group.
- More than in any other country, there are over 75 million pet dogs in America.
- 45% of U.S. dogs sleep in their owner’s bed.
- A typical dog is as smart as a 2-year-old toddler, so it important to plan for any absence to help your dog avoid unnecessary stress.
- There are approximately 9,000 boarding kennels offering their services throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- People working longer hours and people working farther from home than they have before are tow to the main reasons there is a greater need for pet day care centers.
If you do not have loving next door neighbor girls who are anxious to take care of your pet while you are out of town, it is important to consider and compare the local pet daycare options in advance of your next trip.